For some Utah residents, carpet is nothing more than a simple floor covering. But for others, it’s where they play with the family pet, where they sit to watch movies or where their babies learn to walk and crawl.
With the varying levels of intimacy you may experience with your flooring, it’s crucial that you keep your carpeting as clean as possible. Though you may have experience with store-bought carpet cleaners, here are 5 reasons for hiring a professional carpet-cleaning service:
1. Not all carpets and rugs are cut from the same cloth. Depending on whether they’re wool or synthetic and how they’re made, carpets may require different treatments. Professionals will know which cleaning method to use.
2. You eliminate the need to rent or buy carpet cleaning equipment. Carpet cleaning machines sold in retail stores usually aren’t as effective as professional cleaners. You also can save yourself a trip to the rental facility, and you can use your limited storage space for other things.
3. Retail carpet cleaners don’t have sanitizing systems. Professional systems actually kill bacteria and dust mites lodged in your carpeting, which will help to keep your home clean and cut down on allergens.
4. Professionals have more understanding of stains and what it takes to remove them. Some cleaning products can actually make a stain worse if not used properly. Professionals are trained in the science behind removing stains, and will know which cleaning method to use without damaging your carpet.
5. Some professional cleaners use low-moisture equipment and techniques. One of the downsides of carpet cleaning is the amount of moisture left in the carpet, which can take up to a day to dry and even lead to mold growth.
If you are planning on hiring a carpet cleaning service, make sure to choose Snyder’s Chem-Dry.